Love Infographics? The information is presented as an infographic at the bottom of the page
China is the world’s most populated country with an annual growth rate of 0.59%, in 2017 the population stood at 1,409,517,397 people which increased to 1,415,045,928 meaning they currently hold 18.54% of the world population.
China is a very diverse country in terms of ethnicity and race. There are currently more than fifty distinct groups. The largest percentage of those being Han (91.6%), followed by Zuhang (1.27%), Hui (0.79%) and Manchu (0.78%). The Uyghurs (0.76%), Maio (0.71%) and Yi (0.65%) people also account for a large number of people in China.
China is the third largest country in the world by landmass covering a whopping 9.6 million square kilometers. It boasts a coastline of 18,000 kilometers and is bordered by 14 other countries. It’s capital Beijing sits in the northeastern part of the country.
China is home to numerous iconic locations which attract millions of tourists every year. Some of the most notable attractions include; The Great Wall of China, The Forbidden City, The Terracotta Warriors Museum, Dujiagyan Panda Base and even Mount Everest!
There is more than just Chinese in China!!
China is home to more than seven linguistic groups consisting of hundreds of dialects and accents. The most used language is Mandarin followed by Wu, Gan, Xiang Min, Hakka and Yue.
China is the World’s Second Largest Economy:
China has an impressive GDP growth of 6% which is set to increase to 6.5% before the end of 2018. Their currency is the Yuan (CNY ¥) and currently, $1 USD will get you ¥6.33 CNY.
China is one of the world’s biggest exporters, as of 2018, here are their top 10 export groups:
- Electrical machinery, equipment: US$599 billion (26.4% of total exports)
- Machinery including computers: $382.9 billion (16.9%)
- Furniture, bedding, lighting, signs, prefab buildings: $89.8 billion (4%)
- Clothing, accessories (not knit or crochet): $73.6 billion (3.2%)
- Knit or crochet clothing, accessories: $72 billion (3.2%)
- Optical, technical, medical apparatus: $70.6 billion (3.1%)
- Plastics, plastic articles: $70.6 billion (3.1%)
- Vehicles: $67.4 billion (3%)
- Articles of iron or steel: $57.3 billion (2.5%)
- Toys, games: $55.3 billion (2.4%)
China’s Top Trading Partners:
China has many trade agreements with countries for their wide variety of exportable products. Here are their top 15 trading partners according to World Stop Exports:
- United States: US$431.7 billion (19% of total Chinese exports)
- Hong Kong: $281 billion (12.4%)
- Japan: $137.4 billion (6%)
- South Korea: $102.8 billion (4.5%)
- Vietnam: $72.1 billion (3.2%)
- Germany: $71.2 billion (3.1%)
- India: $67.9 billion (3%)
- Netherlands: $67.3 billion (3%)
- United Kingdom: $57 billion (2.5%)
- Singapore: $45.7 billion (2%)
- Taiwan: $43.9 billion (1.9%)
- Russia: $43.1 billion (1.9%)
- Malaysia: $42 billion (1.8%)
- Australia: $41.6 billion (1.8%)
- Thailand: $38.8 billion (1.7%)
Professional Chinese Translation Services:
Established in 2009 SEAtongue has become the leader in the Asian translation industry. We have many years of experience in delivering Chinese translation and localization services to the biggest multinational companies across the globe. Click here to find out more about our services.